I’m pretty sure you looked at the title of this post and thought YUCK! but I swear these are tasty. I also promise that you can’t tast the black beans in them.
This recipe is Gluten Free and if you leave out the optional Chocolate Chips is also Casein Free. Plus they are kids tested and approved by my 2 kids (who have no idea what it’s in them lol).
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
11 Servings per pan
Serving Calories: 126 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg