This is one of my favorite recipes for using up leftover turkey. It would also work with leftover chicken.
I put all of the ingredients in my removable crock from my Crockpot. Put it in the fridge and pop it in the Crockpot Unit when I get up in the morning before we go to church. I also make wrap sandwiches the night before and place them in the fridge to serve with the soup, along side tortilla chips.
From my meal plan last week….
Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream corn
- 2 cups black beans (I cook huge batches of these and freeze in 1 cup servings)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- In crock, combine corn, black beans, broth ,salsa and turkey. Place in the fridge
- Pop crock into Crockpot first thing in the morning before leaving for church or about 2 or 3 hours before you want to eat it and cook on high
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve in bowl with a dollop of sour cream on top
Tags: black beans, budget, cheap, Church, cooking, Creative, Crockpot, Dinner, easy, frugal, grocery, How to, leftover, leftovers, low fat, Lunch, Making something, Meal Plan, meal planning, menu, money, Next Day, night before, nutrition, Pepper, quick, recipe, salsa, salt, sandwiches, saving money, Soup, sour cream, taco, Turkey, what to do with, wrap