In an effort to stay away from High Fructose Corn Syrup and various other additives I make lots of things that your average person buys already processed and premade. This recipe is no different 🙂
From my Meal Plan this Week…
Homemade Granola Bars
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or other goodies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the 2 cups assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc. (picture shows bars made with 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter chips)
- Firmly press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 9 minutes. Pull from oven and press mixture firmly again into the pan. Bake another 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.