I didn’t want Little Dude eating cake twice on his Birthday and wanted to send some other treat to his class for his special day. My solution….
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Parfaits
I used 10 ounce clear cups, filled them with about 5 ounces of yogurt in each cup and then topped that with about a 1/4 a cup of homemade Granola (recipe below). I added Thomas the Tank stickers to the cups to make them fun for his class and then finished them by placing “Thomas” blue spoon in the cups.
Little Miss has a July Birthday and doesn’t get to celebrate with her classmates since school is out so I sent in Parfaits to her class as well and placed pink spoons in those….
Homemade Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Granola
- 2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 4 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Place oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently until oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven let dry completely, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips.
- Store in covered containers.
NOTES: The “Add ins” on this recipe can be tailored to your tastes. These are just the ones I used for the Parfaits.
To make Clusters in your Granola squeeze the Mixture with your hands to form little mounds before baking.
Tags: birthday, budget, cheap, cinnamon, Class, cooking, Creative, family, for, frugal, granola, handmade, Healthy, homemade, How to, ideas, in, kids, Making something, money, nutrition, parfaits, saving money, school, send, things, Thomas the Tank Engine