Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a food processor chop black beans into a fine texture and transfer to a big bowl.
- In the food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- Add to the bowl the eggs, chili powder, cumin, and hot sauce.
- Mix in bread crumbs or oats until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into six patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
In my opinion these are even tastier then the Morning Star or Boca Burgers. Plus they are cheaper to make and you know exactly what’s in them 🙂
These can be cooked and then frozen to heat up later.
Tags: Black Bean.Veggie, budget, Burgers, cheap, cooking, Dinner, family, freezer, frugal, Healthy, How to, Lunch, Lunchbag, lunchbox, Making something, Meatless, money, nutrition, recipe, saving money, Vegetarian